Responsibilities and Expectations:
- 24 hour, 7 day a week job full of fun and excitement!
- Live with one or two other counselors in a cabin of the same age group based on personal preference (Juniors – 7-10 yrs old; Intermediates – 11-13 yrs old; Seniors – 14-17 yrs old).
- Teach an activity for 5 periods a day. Choose among a wide selection of classes offered (SEE ACTIVITIES) and select according to experience and interests. More important than skill level is to make the activities a fun, safe learning environment for the campers.
- Set a good example and be a positive role model in all you do.
- Counselor salary is based on what year you are in college and if you have had previous experience working on the Mystic staff.
- Included in your pay is free housing, great meals, laundry expense, and don’t forget the priceless lifelong friends and truly rewarding experience you will gain.
- Our policy requires that you must have completed 1 year of college before applying for a counselor position.
Counselor Orientation and Training:
- A 2-3 day orientation will take place right before each term session begins. The dates of each term on the application include this training. New counselors are to arrive by 6pm on the first day for the initial orientation meeting.
Other Staff Positions:
- Camp nurse, nurse assistant, bookkeeper, secretary, food prep assistant, store manager, and babysitter.
Available Terms for Employment:
- Counselors and staff may apply to work our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd term session. You are welcome to sign up for more than one, but we encourage only working two sessions total.
How to apply for a position:
- Fill out and submit an application online.
- Print off an application from our website and mail to:
Camp Mystic, 2689 Hwy 39, Hunt, TX 78024.
- Call or email us and we will be happy to mail an application to you.
- Please be sure to include full names, mailing addresses, and phone numbers for references.
- Must include picture with application for it to be processed.